Former Judge & Prosecutors Dedicated to Client Service and Excellent Results
Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents
- $8 million verdict (largest in Coweta County history) for a woman killed by a tractor-trailer; served as co-counsel on the case to recover compensation for her surviving children.
- $575,000 settlement for a man seriously injured when his pick-up rear-ended a log truck, after our case preparation contradicted 8 witnesses for the defendant, and proved that the log truck failed to yield right of way to our client and had inadequate flags and strobe lights on the load.
- $447,500 settlement for a client who suffered a serious ankle injury after driving off the road in a construction zone.
- $390,000 for a client injured in a car accident.
- $350,000 verdict in Gwinnett County for a motorcycle wreck in a construction zone. No pre-trial settlement offer. Two day jury trial.
- $300,000 settlement for a man seriously injured when his vehicle hit the side of a truck and horse trailer, after we proved that the Defendant failed to yield and pulled into our client’s path.
- $240,000 settlement for a client due to a bicycle/tractor-trailer collision.
- $198,000 settlement for a woman’s back injury due to an auto collision.
- $150,000 settlement for a woman’s neck injury due to an auto collision.
- $150,000 settlement for a client struck by reckless Porsche driver.
- $125,000 verdict for a woman’s broken leg due to an auto collision.
- $100,000 settlement for a client due to a pedestrian/auto collision.
- $152,000 settlement for a child bitten by a neighbor’s dog.
- $138,000 settlement for a man injured by the collapse of a boat dock.
- $55,000 settlement for a woman injured by a falling product while she was shopping at the local store of a national chain.
- $625,000 property insurance benefit obtained for a client after the insurance company had accused her of arson and wrongfully denied the claim.
- $100,000 life insurance policy maximum bBenefit obtained for a client after the insurance company had wrongfully denied the claim and tried to pay only $5,000.00.
- $40,000 life insurance policy maximum benefit obtained for a client after the insurance company had wrongfully denied the claim and sent client a check for only $252.99.
Criminal & DUI defense
- Jury Trial and Acquittal of young man charged with second DUI due to alcohol, after our defense proved that officers jumped to conclusions at arrest, and client was not illegally impaired or a less safe driver. Acquittal saved client from receiving jail time, 1 year loss of driver’s license, $1,000.00+ in fines, 30 days/240 hours community service, DUI school, loss of license plate, and publication of his photo in the newspaper.
- Dismissal by Judge of DUI charge at pre-trial motion hearing, after we obtained and analyzed state’s evidence and successfully argued to convince the judge that this was an illegal stop, with legitimate questions about whether client was impaired or committed any less safe driving. This was a third DUI charge against our client, and she was facing 12 months in jail and a 5-year loss of driver’s license, all avoided by our defense efforts on her case.
- Dismissal by Prosecutor of all felony charges for a physician accused of insurance fraud by the state GBI and local authorities. Even a plea to a misdemeanor would have revoked our client’s state medical license, so a full dismissal of all charges was required to save client’s career, his ability to support his family, his reputation, and life as he knew it. Our thorough investigation and presentation of the case to the prosecutor resulted in the prosecutor dismissing all charges, without our client going to trial.
- Jury Trial and Acquittal of woman charged with the murder of her husband. Even after the state presented forensic evidence of murder, the jury acquitted after our defense efforts proved the husband’s pattern of abuse and our client’s justifiable use of self-defense.
- Dismissal by Prosecutor of a young female babysitter’s felony child molestation charges, after extensive review of state’s evidence and our own investigation indicated questionable allegations. The state eventually agreed to question the alleged victim further and to request a polygraph, whereupon the “victim” fully confessed that all allegations were a lie, initially told to deflect trouble that victim was in from an unrelated matter. All charges were dismissed without our client going to trial.
- Jury Trial and Acquittal of 50-year-old man accused of DUI due to marijuana, after our defense efforts and our independent expert witness contradicted the state GBI expert, and proved that the marijuana found in client’s blood was a metabolite of prior use, reportedly for cancer, and was not a sufficient level of marijuana to impair client’s driving at the time of his one-car accident.
- Jury Trial and Acquittal of young man, with engineering degree and state job at stake, accused of DUI and fleeing and attempting to elude the police, after we obtained evidence disproving the DUI, and after we presented the jury with evidence that construction on I-85 made it difficult for the young man to pull over immediately, and he was not trying to flee or elude.
- Jury Trial and Acquittal of older gentleman charged with felony child molestation of a neighbor’s daughter, after jury agreed that evidence indicated strong doubt that the incident ever happened.
- Dismissal by Judge of DUI charge at pre-trial motion hearing, based on evidence that we obtained, analyzed, and successfully argued to convince the judge that the vehicle stop was illegal, wherefore all evidence thereafter was excluded from the case.
- Dismissal by a Fayette County Prosecutor of DUI charge, after we obtained and analyzed state’s evidence and successfully argued to convince the prosecutor that our 40-year-old female client was not DUI, and was a victim of excess physical force at the time of her arrest and transport to jail.
- Reduction of many clients’ DUIs to lesser charges, after our defense revealed factual doubts and legal technicalities about the DUIs. Prosecutors in those cases would not dismiss and wanted to go to trial, but they eventually agreed to reduce the charges, allowing our clients to avoid jail time and loss of their driver’s licenses without the expense of trial and the risk of a jury conviction on DUI.
- Dismissal by Prosecutor of felony aggravated assault charges, after our own investigation and negotiations convinced the prosecutor that our client acted in self-defense when he stabbed another man.
- Dismissal by Investigating Officer of felony burglary charges against a man and woman, without our clients being arrested or going to trial, after our investigation and negotiations convinced the officer that this was a personal property dispute with other parties, and not a criminal act.